All personnel must be enrolled in the Animal Handler Medical Surveillance Program if they will have contact with:
- Non-fixed or non-sterilized animal tissues, fluids, or wastes
- Non-sanitized animal caging or enclosures
- Animal equipment, devices, or facilities, for repairs or maintenance.
Departments with personnel that meet the requirements of the program:
- And are part of the eRAM system will be notified by the eRAM system to complete the Medical Surveillance Questionnaire
- And are NOT using the eRAM system are to contact the U-M Department of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) at EHS-MedicalSurveillance@umich.edu, to enroll and complete the Medical Surveillance Questionnaire.