Permanent Medical Record
A file identified by an animal's clinical number that contains all health, surgical, and/or procedural records generated for an animal. This includes:
- Animal Treatment Report (ATR)
- For some animals (rodents) the entirety of the permanent medical record is captured in the ATR.
- Refer to the Animal Care Identification and Communication Procedures.
- Anesthesia or sedation monitoring forms. Refer to:
- Surgery report (drafted by veterinary staff for clinically-indicated surgeries)
- Post-operative records. Refer to:
- Diagnostic test results: e.g. CBC/chemistry, urinalysis, culture and sensitivity, serology, etc.
- Master problem list
- Necropsy report
- Non-human primate alopecia score sheets. Refer to:
- USDA number (dogs/cats). Refer to:
- Acquisition and disposition records (dogs/cats)