Health/Group Health Record
A record maintained by investigative personnel detailing the care and management (treatments, monitoring, etc.) of a health condition that is performed by the laboratory personnel under the direction of the ULAM veterinary staff.
A single record can be used for multiple animals (a group health record) if:
- All animals are being treated/monitored in the same way and for the same condition, and
- The animals are housed together in one cage and share a single clinical number.
- Components of a health/group health record include:
- Identification of the animal(s)
- Clinical observations/monitoring
- Treatment information
- Time/frequency given
- Date and initial all entries